Monday, December 28, 2009

Pictures and posting them?

So, we've been friends with this woman for like 20 years. We would always be taking care of her child Jessica, she and her "boyfriend" are completely unstable and are breaking up every other week. While Jessica was staying with us we would take pictures of her, I mean she was a baby and we considered her our neice. We tried to get gaurdianship of her just incase DSS tried to take her away from her parents, this woman has already lost 3 to DSS. My mother has posted pictures that we took of Jessica on her myspace and Jessica's mother is trying to say that we need permission to do that. Is that true, this woman is claiming that she is going to contact a lawyer because my mom refuses to take down the pictures that we took. Do we seriously need this woman's permission to post OUR pictures on our myspaces?



Serious answers only please.



Pictures and posting them?

pictures taken in public places or on your property Does Not require her permission. She is not the copyright holder of such photographs.



Pictures and posting them?

I don't know the answer to your question. But I know anytime the school, church, camp, etc. wants to post pictures of my children on the web, they always send a consent form home before doing so. I always say NO. It is not a good thing to have children's pictures posted on the internet, especially if it also includes ANY personal information. I understand the mother may not have been the best mother, but I do think you should abide by her wishes where this is concerned. Especially since she IS the mother and she currently has custody.



JOY

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++